Kellermann's Kollectionn of Helpful Trial Background Books on:
GENDER & LAW
Last Updated 07/11/06
- Bahm, Kenneth Thomas. (1994). Law, Language, and Sex Difference: A Study of Language Use by Female and Male Attorneys in Criminal Trials in the United States. Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois.
- Chancer, Lynn. (1997). Provoking Assaults: Gender, Race and Class Biases in High Profile Crimes. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press.
- Chesney-Lind, Meda. (1997). The Female Offender: Girls, Women, and Crime. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Craft, Christine (1986). Christine Craft: An Anchorwoman's Story. Santa Barbara, CA: Capra Press.
- Craft, Christine. (1988). Too Old, Too Ugly, and Not Deferential to Men: An Anchorwoman's Courageous Battle Against Sex Discrimination. Rocklin, CA: Prima Pub.
- Daly, Kathleen. (1994). Gender, Crime, and Punishment. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press.
- DerOhannesian, Paul. (1994). Sexual Assault Trials. Charlottesville, VA: Michie.
- Dusky, Lorraine. (1996). Still Unequal: The Shameful Truth About Women and Justice in America. New York: Crown.
- Edwards, Susan S. (1988). Women on Trial: A Study of Female Suspects & Defendants in the System of Criminal Justice. New York: Saint Martin's Press.
- Eisenstein, Zillah. (1996). Hatreds: Racialized and Sexualized Conflicts in the 21st Century. New York: Routledge.
- Fiske, John (1996). Media Matters: Race and Gender in U.S. Politics (rev. ed.). Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota Press.
- Fredman, Sandra. (1997). Women and the Law. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Friedman, Jane M. (1993). America's First Woman Lawyer: The Biography of Myra Bradwell. Buffalo, NY: Prometheus.
- Gillespie, Cynthia. (1990). Justifiable Homicide: Battered Women, Self Defense, and the Law. ----: Ohio State University Press (Sandstone).
- Guinier, Lani, Fine, Michelle, & Balin, Jane. (1997). Becoming Gentlemen: Women, Law School, and Institutional Change. Boston, MA: Beacon Press.
- Hagan, John, & Kay, Fiona. (1995). Gender in Practice: A Study of Lawyers' Lives. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Harrington, Mona. (1995). Women Lawyers: Rewriting the Rules. New York: Plume.
- Knappman, Frost. (1996). Women and Law in America. Detroit, MI: Gale Research, Inc.
- Martin, Susan Ehrlich, & Jurik, Nancy C. (1996). Doing Justice, Doing Gender: Women in Law and Criminal Justice Occupations. Newbury Park, CA: Sage.
- Meyers, Marian. (1996). News Coverage of Violence Against Women: Engendering Blame. Newbury Park, CA: Sage.
- Morrison, Toni. (Ed.). (1992). Race-ing Justice, En-Gendering Power: Essays on Anita Hill, Clarence Thomas, and the Construction of Social Reality. New York: Pantheon Books.
- O'Brien, Darcy. (1996). Power to Hurt. Inside a Judge's Champers: Sexual Assualt, Corruption, and the Ultimate Reversal of Justice for Women. New York: HarperCollins.
- Pearson, Patricia. (1997). When She Was Bad: Violent Women and the Myth of Innocence. New York: Viking Penguin.
- Pierce, Jennifer L. (1996). Gender Trials: Emotional Lives in Contemporary Law Firms. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press.
- Schuetz, Janice. (1994). The Logic of Women on Trial: Case Studies of Popular American Trials. Carbondale, IL: Southern Illinois University Press.
- Smith, J. Clay, Jr. (1998). Rebels in Law: Voices in History of Black Women Lawyers. Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan Press.
- Spence, Gerry. (1986). Trial by Fire: The True Story of a Woman's Ordeal at the Hands of the Law. New York: William Morrow.
- Vachss, Alice. (1993). Sex Crimes: Ten Years on the Front Lines Prosecuting Rapists and Confronting Their Collaborators. New York: Henry Holt.
- Warsaw, Janine. (1986). Women Trial Lawyers: How They Succeed in Practice & in the Courtroom. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Wheaton, Elizabeth. (1997). Myra Bradwell: First Woman Lawyer. Greensboro, NC: Morgan Reynolds.
Compiled & maintained by
ComCon KATHY KELLERMANN COMMUNICATION CONSULTING
Additions? Changes? Suggestions? Contact ComCon
© 2021 All rights reserved